B. A Hotel Management or Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management is a 4-year undergraduate course. This course gives various job opportunities to students. Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management course help students to operate a hospitality-oriented business. Choosing Hotel Management as a career is a great choice because it offers various options to students. It moulds the career of students. one can choose any course according to his/her capabilities, interest and experience.
Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management Eligibility
The minimum requirement for pursuing B.A in hotel management is:
- The student should have completed 10+2 examination from a well-recognised university.
- The minimum score for eligibility is 55% in 10+2 examination.
- Those students who are appearing in 10+2 examination can give entrance exam.
- A student should have good command over the English language, have great communication skill and friendly nature.
B.A Hotel Management Syllabus
In the bachelor’s degree program in hotel management students take courses like marketing, business law, organisational behaviour, computers, and accounting. General management topics like legal aspects of the hospitality business and human resource management are also included. Topics which are covered under this course are:
- Special events marketing
- Food and beverage controls
- Catering Management
- Security and loss prevention
- Hospitalities facilities management
- Dining room service
Suitability of B.A Hotel Management Course
- Students should have great communicational skills, good organisational background, self-discipline, strong commitment and interpersonal skills.
- One must always deal with a cheerful face to the guest, be polite and have the patience to deal with guest criticism even when you know you are right.
- Those who want to further pursue their career they can go for a hotel management course after graduation in arts.
- Candidates should be analytical and they should have problem-solving skills and research skills.
How is B.A Management Course Beneficial?
- Due to the increase in globalisation, there is a major increase in the hotel industry. In India tourism has shown growth due to which hotel industry has expanded. Our hotel industry provides a promising career to youth. The hotel industry is a service industry that’s why the motive of the hotel management is only to give the best service to its customers.
- After completing the course in B.A students can also go for Airlines catering and cabin services.
- In the hotel industry, they provide you with a lot of jobs such as housekeeping, food and beverages, accounting, sales and security.
- In B.A. management course students learn to improve their skills, their leadership qualities are increased, and their confidence boosts up.
Admission Process of Bachelor’s of Arts in Hotel Management
Most institutes and colleges are taking admission on behalf of entrance exam given by students who have passed 10+2 examination by at least 55 %. This entrance exam is conducted at the institutional level and followed by a round of personal interview. In the personal interview, round experts examined candidates by asking general aptitude questions and then a merit list is announced, declaring the name of the selected students. Some institutes also take direct admission of students on the basis of their score in 10+2 examination.
Job Profiles in Hotel Industry
Because of the growth of tourism industry hotel management has a great scope and gives a promising career to the youth. one who has chosen his/her career in hotel management can go for following job profiles:
- Hotel Manager
- Cabin Crew
- Catering Officer
- Catering supervisor’s editor
- Customer service executive
- Hospitality Executive
- Faculty Teacher
- Air Hostess
Job description and Bachelor of Hospitality Management Salary
- Front Office Manager- A person who is working as a front office manager manage and supervise all front office staff. the front office manager regulates the duty of other staff members. They also coordinate the activities between reservations and guest services. They also ensure that the front desk provides a professional and friendly service to guests. Salary of front office manager: INR 2.5 to 6 lacs
- Restaurant Manager- Resturant Manager make sure that its guest is receiving a friendly service. He/She also take cares of that restaurant works well in profit. Salary of Resturant Manager: INR 3 to 8 lacs.
- Food and Beverages Manager- Food and Beverage Manager keeping the food and beverages up to date for the hotel they are working for and meanwhile they are also responsible for planning, managing, controlling and forecasting. Salary of Food and Beverage Manager: INR 3 to 7 lacs.
- House Keeping Manager- A House Keeping Manager is for maintaining and cleaning the house. They supervise the housekeepers and are also responsible for taking complaints of guests along with they also ensure that complaints of the guest are resolved as soon as possible. Salary of House Keeping Manager: INR 1.5 to 4 lacs.
- Customer Service Executive- A Customer Service Executive is for answering the questions of customers, for taking orders, resolving complaints and providing information. Salary of Customer service Manager: INR 2 to 5 lacs.
Students who earn a Bachelor of Arts in hotel management can learn how to operate a hospitality-oriented business. students who want to pursue further in this field can go for a masters degree. I will also share information about a masters degree in my coming blogs. So here my blog is completed and I hope that students who are finding information about B.A in hotel management are satisfied by my blog.